Ph.D., Strategic Management of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (INDIA)
M.B.A. (Management), Devi Ahilya University, Indore, INDIA
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), Rani Durgavati University, Jabaplpur, INDIA
- Strategic Management
- Management of Technology and Innovation
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- Zafar Husain, Mumin Dayan, and Anthony C Benedetto, The Impact of Organizational networking on Competitiveness via Organizational Learning, Employee Innovativeness and Innovation Process: A Mediation Model, Under advanced stage of review in Journal of Engineering and Technology Management (IPP 2.25 (Source: Scopus(Elsevier)).
- Mumin Dayan, Robert Zacca, Zafar Husain, Anthony C Benedetto, James C Ryan, The Effect of Entrepreneurial Orientation, Willingness to Change, and Development Culture on New Product Exploration in Small Enterprises in the United Arab Emirates, Accepted, Journal of Business and Industrial marketing (Ranked ‘A’ in ADBC Journal Raking List).
- Colak M., Husain Z., and Dayan Mumin, (2015). Some Antecedents, Moderators, and Consequences of Market Orientation in International Joint Ventures, Journal of Global Business Advancement, 8(4): 436-450.
- Husain Z., Technology Strategy Framework for the Firms in Growing Economies, Forthcoming, Journal for Global Business Advancement.
- Husain Z., (2014). Successful Technology Collaborations in Automobile Industry –Strategic Implications for Firms in Developing Countries, International Journal of Strategic Business Alliances, 3(4): 221-249.
Strategic Management, Innovation Management, International Business Management, Quality Management, Management of Technology, Entrepreneurship.
Strategic Management Society, International Association for Management of Technology.
Published in: International Journal of Selection and Assessment
Dec 16, 2018
Applicants from different cultures vary in their self-presentation behavior during job interviews. This study investigates self-presentation behavior in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the second largest economy in the Arab world. Specifically, it examines self-presentation behavior of applicants from the UAE and compares it to the behavior of American, European, and Chinese applicants from previous studies. The randomized response technique was used to gather self-presentation prevalence data of 111 UAE applicants regarding self-presentation behavior in their last job interview. Prevalence rates were lower than those from the US and from China but higher than those from Iceland and from Switzerland. Results indicate that though UAE culture values modesty, UAE applicants still engage in distinct self-presentation behavior.