Ph.D., Strategic Management of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (INDIA)
M.B.A. (Management), Devi Ahilya University, Indore, INDIA
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), Rani Durgavati University, Jabaplpur, INDIA
- Strategic Management
- Management of Technology and Innovation
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- international Business
- Sergei, T., Arkady, T., Natalya, L., Pathak, R. D., Samson, D., Husain, Z., & Sushil, S. (2023). Digital transformation enablers in high-tech and low-tech companies: A comparative analysis. Australian Journal of Management, 03128962231157102.
- Khan, S., Haleem, A., Husain, Z., Samson, D., & Pathak, R. D. (2023). Barriers to blockchain technology adoption in supply chains: the case of India. Operations Management Research, 1-16.
- Husain, Z., Dayan, M., Sushil, Di Benedetto, C.A. (2022). Impact of Customer Focus on Technology Leadership Via Technology Development Capability – A Moderated Mediation Model, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 37(2):.282-293.
- Zwikael, O., Pathak, R.D., Ling, F., Totov, S., Husain, Z., Sharma, B., Tay, C.Y., Samson, D. (2022). Variation in Project Management Practices Across Borders, Production Planning & Control, 30(13):1270-1282.
- Dayan M., Al Kuwaiti, I.A., Husain, Z., Ng, P.Y., Dayan, A. (2022) Factors Influencing Patients Loyalty to Outpatient Medical Services: Evidence from the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 39(1):176-203.
- Husain, Z., Maqbool, A., Haleem, A., Pathak, R. D., & Samson, D. (2021). Analyzing the business models for circular economy implementation: a fuzzy TOPSIS approach. Operations Management Research, 14(3):256-271.
- Husain, Z. (2020). Successful collaboration leads to effective technology transfer at Hero MotoCorp, Ltd, Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 39(3), 17-28.
- Hijazi, R., Hassan, Y., & Husain, Z. (2020). Deans’ perceptions of challenges facing business education in the Arabian Gulf. Journal of Education for Business, 95(1), 10-22.
- Husain, Z., Dayan, M., Pathak, R. D., Langer, M., & König, C. J. (2018). How much self‐presentation behavior do applicants from the United Arab Emirates exhibit? International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 26(2-4), 191-195.
- Khan, J., Haleem, A., & Husain, Z. (2017). Barriers to technology transfer: a total interpretative structural model approach. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 31(6), 511-536.
- Husain Z, (2016). Technology Strategy Framework for the Firms in Growing Economies, Journal for Global Business Advancement, 9(3): 248-274.
- Husain, Z., Dayan, M., & Di Benedetto, C. A. (2016). The impact of networking on competitiveness via organizational learning, employee innovativeness, and innovation process: A mediation model. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 40, 15-28.
- Dayan, M., Zacca, R., Husain, Z., Di Benedetto, A., & Ryan, J. C. (2016). The effect of entrepreneurial orientation, willingness to change, and development culture on new product exploration in small enterprises. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 31(5), 668-683.
Strategic Management, Innovation Management, International Business Management, Quality Management, Management of Technology, Entrepreneurship.
My Teaching, Research, and Community engagement activities are linked to:
Strategic Management Society, International Association for Management of Technology.
Published in: International Journal of Selection and Assessment
Dec 16, 2018
Applicants from different cultures vary in their self-presentation behavior during job interviews. This study investigates self-presentation behavior in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the second largest economy in the Arab world. Specifically, it examines self-presentation behavior of applicants from the UAE and compares it to the behavior of American, European, and Chinese applicants from previous studies. The randomized response technique was used to gather self-presentation prevalence data of 111 UAE applicants regarding self-presentation behavior in their last job interview. Prevalence rates were lower than those from the US and from China but higher than those from Iceland and from Switzerland. Results indicate that though UAE culture values modesty, UAE applicants still engage in distinct self-presentation behavior.