Ph.D., Strategic Management of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (INDIA)
M.B.A. (Management), Devi Ahilya University, Indore, INDIA
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), Rani Durgavati University, Jabaplpur, INDIA
- Strategic Management
- Management of Technology and Innovation
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- Hijazi, R., Hassan, Y., & Husain, Z. (2019). Deans’ perceptions of challenges facing business education in the Arabian Gulf. Journal of Education for Business, 1-13.
- Husain, Z., Dayan, M., Pathak, R. D., Langer, M., & König, C. J. (2018). How much self‐presentation behavior do applicants from the United Arab Emirates exhibit?. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 26(2-4), 191-195.
- Khan, J., Haleem, A., & Husain, Z. (2017). Barriers to technology transfer: a total interpretative structural model approach. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 31(6), 511-536.
- Husain Z, (2016). Technology Strategy Framework for the Firms in Growing Economies, Journal for Global Business Advancement, 9(3): 248-274.
- Husain, Z., Dayan, M., & Di Benedetto, C. A. (2016). The impact of networking on competitiveness via organizational learning, employee innovativeness, and innovation process: A mediation model. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 40, 15-28.
- Dayan, M., Zacca, R., Husain, Z., Di Benedetto, A., & Ryan, J. C. (2016). The effect of entrepreneurial orientation, willingness to change, and development culture on new product exploration in small enterprises. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 31(5), 668-683.
- Colak M., Husain Z., and Dayan Mumin, (2015). Some Antecedents, Moderators, and Consequences of Market Orientation in International Joint Ventures, Journal for Global Business Advancement, 8(4): 436-450.
- Assistant Professor of Strategic Management at the Department of Business Administration at College of Business (COB) Al Ain University of Science and Technology (AAU) Abu Dhabi Campus from September 2011 - April 2015
- Assistant Professor of Management at Department of Business Administration (BUSA), College of Business and Economics (CBE) (AACSB Accredited) United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) from September 2003 – August 2011
- Assistant Professor at Imam University, Riyadh, KSA from January 2001 - August 2003
- Assistant Professor, Devi Ahilya University, Indore, India August 1998 - December 2000
Strategic Management, Innovation Management, International Business Management, Quality Management, Management of Technology, Entrepreneurship.
Strategic Management Society, International Association for Management of Technology.
Published in: International Journal of Selection and Assessment
Dec 16, 2018
Applicants from different cultures vary in their self-presentation behavior during job interviews. This study investigates self-presentation behavior in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the second largest economy in the Arab world. Specifically, it examines self-presentation behavior of applicants from the UAE and compares it to the behavior of American, European, and Chinese applicants from previous studies. The randomized response technique was used to gather self-presentation prevalence data of 111 UAE applicants regarding self-presentation behavior in their last job interview. Prevalence rates were lower than those from the US and from China but higher than those from Iceland and from Switzerland. Results indicate that though UAE culture values modesty, UAE applicants still engage in distinct self-presentation behavior.