Support for Research and Scholarly Activity
The mission of the CoB is to promote learning through encouraging and assisting faculty, staff, and students in their pursuit of excellence in scholarly activities. The College supports the scholarship and sponsored projects, encourages and assists faculty in the search for internal and external funding sources to support instruction, scholarly activities, and service. The CoB assist faculty with any host of pre-award processes in support of garnering external funds for research and scholarship pursuits, including budget preparation, project/proposal development, cost share allocations and submission of the completed proposal. In order to achieve excellence in scholarly activities, the CoB is committed to:
- Foster scientific excellence by supporting research.
- Attract local and international funding for research projects.
- Recruit, reward and support faculty with strong research productivity.
- Establish and assign workload in a manner that is consistent with the University's principles regarding workload allocation.
- Encourage faculty to make optimum use of the infrastructure available for research.