Faten F Kharbat is an Associate Professor at Al Ain University - Abu Dhabi Campus. She is currently the deputy dean for the College of Engineering. Her Ph.D. was in Computer Science/ Artificial Intelligence from the UK. Her research interest includes Cancer Informatics, Image Processing, Data Mining tools & techniques, and technology in education. A strong believer that technology can enhance our lives if (and only if) we keep the right distance!
PhD in Computer Science\ Artificial Intelligence, University of the West of England, UK
MSc in Computer Science, University of Jordan, Jordan
BSc in Computer Science, University of Jordan, Jordan
Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery, Marketing Intelligence, Quality of Higher Education, Ontology, Applied Data Mining, Decision Support Systems, Cancer Informatics
- Abu Daabes, A. & Kharbat F. (2019). A Content Analysis of Arabic YouTube Videos for Cancer Treatment. International Journal of Health Governance (accepted). Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Odeh, M., Dajani, R., Tbaishat, D., Odeh, Y., Tbakhi, A., Sultan, I., Hakooz, N. and Kharbat, F., (2018), November. i. LLL. CancerCare: Towards An Intelligent Life Long Learning Framework for Cancer Care. In 2018 1st International Conference on Cancer Care Informatics (CCI) (pp. 244-246). IEEE.
- Abujamous, L., Tbakhi, A., Odeh, M., Alsmadi, O., Kharbat, F.F. and Abdel-Razeq, H., (2018), November. Towards Digital Cancer Genetic Counseling. In 2018 1st International Conference on Cancer Care Informatics (CCI) (pp. 188-194). IEEE.
- Awad A. & Kharbat, F. F. (2018). The first design of a smart hologram for teaching. In 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences, ASET 2018, UAE.
- Kharbat, F. F., Elamsy, T. A., & Awadallah, R. K. (2018, July). Applying Data Mining Techniques to Ground Level Ozone (O 3) Data in UAE: A Case Study. In Science and Information Conference (pp. 319-328). Springer, Cham.
- Othman, M., Kharbat, F.F., Al Amsy, T. (2018) Exploring colorectal cancer genes through data mining techniques. 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences, ASET 2018 pp. 1-4
- Kharbat, F.F., Girard, J. (2018) Knowledge creation, productivity, and collaboration: An exploratory examination of University Faculty and Staff. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series pp. 242-245
- Razmak, J., Al Shawabkeh, A.A., Kharbat, F.F., Qasim, A. (2018) Examining the factors affecting the adoption of e-health innovative technology. International Journal of Economics and Business Research 16(2), pp. 196-209
- Alshawabkeh, A., Razmak, J., Qasim, A., Kharbat, F.F. (2018) Enhancing internal communication in organisations using enterprise social networking. International Journal of Economics and Business Research 15(1), pp. 72-86
- Kharbat, F.F., Razmak, J., Al Shawabkeh, A.A., (2017) Proposing UAE-patient portal: A new direction in the health services | [Önermek UAE-Hasta Portal: Saǧlik Hizmetlerinde Yeni Bir Yön]. 2017 Medical Technologies National Conference, TIPTEKNO 2017, pp. 1-4
- Daabes, A.S.A., Kharbat, F.F., (2017) Customer-based perceptual map as a marketing intelligence source. International Journal of Economics and Business Research 13(4), pp. 360-379
- Alshawabkeh, I., & Kharbat, F., (2016) Electronic Tax Declaration in the Jordanian Legislation, Computer and Telecommunications Law Review, no 3, pp 61-64, Thomson Reuters.
- Abo Sultan J., & Kharbat, F., (2016), A Proposed Framework for Environmental Decision Support System, in the International Conference for Academic Disciplines (31st January to 4th February 2016), Al Ain, UAE.
- Abo Sultan J., & Kharbat, F., (2016), Environmental Decision Support Systems: A Literature Review between 2010 And 2015, in the 18th EBES Conference, Sharjah, UAE.
- Barqawi, B., Kharbat, F., & Abu Elrub, E., (2015), Developing a Framework for Quality Assurance of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutes, Arab Journal for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, Vol 8, No 20.
- Kharbat, F. & Abu Elrub, E., (2014), The Analysis and Design for IAJIT OpenConf Journal Management System, In the Int'l Conference for Academic Disciplines, April 6-10, Austria.
- Kharbat, F., Odeh, M. & Bull, L., (2014) A New Hybrid Architecture for the Discovery and Compaction of Knowledge: Breast Cancer Datasets Case Study, The International Arab Journal of Information Technology (IAJIT), Vol 11, No 2.
- Kharbat, F., Abuelrub, E., Fawareh, H., & Hassan L., (2013), Assessing the Quality of Journal Management Systems, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol 4, No 11.
- Abu Daabes, A. & Kharbat F., (2013), Mining the Relationship Between Demographic Variables and Brand Associations, The International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains, Vol 4, No 3.
- Kharbat, F. (2013), Developing an Architecture for Translation Engine Using Ontology, Journal of Computer Engineering and Intelligent Systems, Vol 4, No 10, pp 19-25.
- Barqawi, B., Kharbat, F., & Abu Elrub, E., (2011) Quality Assurance of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutes: Emirates College of Technology Best Practices, In the Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ANQAHE), Abu Dhabi.
- Kharbat, F., Bull, L. & Odeh, M. (2008) Knowledge Discovery from Medical Data: An Empirical Study with XCS. In L. Bull, E. Bernado-Mansilla & J. Holmes (eds) Learning Classifier Systems in Data Mining. Springer, pp93-122.
- Kharbat, F., Bull, L. & Odeh, M. (2007) Mining Breast Cancer Data with XCS. In D. Thierens et al. (eds) GECOO-2007: Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference. ACM Press, pp2066-2073.
- Kharbat, F., Odeh, M. & Bull, L. (2007) New Approach for Extracting Knowledge from XCS Learning Classifier System. International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems (IJHIS), vol 4, no 2, pp 49-62, IOS Press.
- Kharbat, F., Bull, L. & Odeh, M. (2005) Revisiting Genetic Selection in the XCS Learning Classifier System. In Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. IEEE, pp2061-2068.
Discrete Structure, Fundamental of SWE, Data mining and knowledge discovery, Introduction to programming, Innovation and change management, Project management, Knowledge management, and Decision support systems & business intelligence.