Roles and responsibilities
The responsibility of the Professional Development Centre for academic faculty and other staff rests at 3 levels; viz.
The University level,
The College or Department level and
The Individual level
The PDC shall:
- support excellence in professional practice at AAU through the provision of professional, vocational and management development activities and by contributing to policy development;
- provide a service to all the faculties & staff of the University to adopt a research-informed teaching approach to its work.
- work closely with the range of providers of learning and development within the University to ensure that provision is aligned, coherent and comprehensive;
- be responsible for professional development in support of the University’s Performance Development Review process;
- benchmark development provision against the sector and good practices.