Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting Apply Now
The undergraduate degree in accounting is the gateway to private practice through accounting firms. Young graduates can avail themselves the opportunity of obtaining professional certificates (e.g. CPA, CA, CMA, CIA …etc.), which open unlimited career opportunities. The accounting concentration provides its graduates with a vast number of job opportunities.
The Department of Accounting aspires to be the best in the region. Its graduates will be highly sought by both government and private business sectors.
The Department of Accounting mission is to prepare students for professional careers in accounting, the program focuses on the theoretical and practical applications of Accounting to different businesses. It also aims at conducting research to serve the rapidly changing needs of the region and to cope with the international development of accounting areas.
To obtain a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, a student must successfully complete 123 credit hours, with a minimum (CGPA) of 2 out of 4.
As a result of completing the accounting program, students should be able to:
- Prepare and evaluate financial statements and their impact with emphasis on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for external financial reporting purposes.
- Perform accounting transactions using the basic information technology in accounting.
- Use research methodology skills in preparing accounting reports.
- Analyze accounting data needed for decision making at all levels of managerial posts.
- Evaluate accounting systems.
- Be aware of the responsibility towards society and business organizations in terms of following regulations & respecting values.
- Financial and governmental accountants
- Accounting information systems designers and developers