Ph.D. IT, University of Salford, UK
MSc., in Computer Science, Moorhead State University, USA
Special Undergraduate Program in Computer Science, Moorhead State University, USA
BSc. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, North Dakota State University, USA
Distributed Transactions Processing Systems, Systems Design, Data Mining.
- Ahmad M. Taleb, Nasser Taleb, and Mohammed Al-Shargabi (2016) Multi-Direct Methods for Better Program improvement. The International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education (IACQA' 2016), Khartoum, Sudan.
- Elfadil Mohamed, Nasser Taleb, and Raed Said (2016) Evaluating the effectiveness of e-course delivery and e-assessment using Course Management System. International Conference for Academic Disciplines, Al Ain, UAE.
- Ahmad M. Taleb, Asadullah Shaikh, Todd Eavis, and Nasser M. Taleb (2015) High Performance Framework for Mining Association Rules from Hierarchical Data Cubes. Int. J. Of Business Intelligence and Data Mining, Vol. 10 No. 3, U.K.
- Nasser Taleb and Elfadil Abdullah (2015) Framework for Evaluating the Effectiveness of Data Mining in the Analysis of Dynamic Data for Supporting Financial Decision-Making, 2015 Global Business & Economics Anthology, Vol. 1, USA.
- Raed Saed, Loay Alnaji and Nasser Taleb (2015) Does the Exit Exam Measure Student Quality and Knowledge? A Case Study, 26th Business & Economics Society International Conference, Al Ain, UAE.
- Ahmad Taleb and Nasser Taleb (2013) Parallel Genetic Algorithm Model to Extract Association Rules, The Fifth International Conference on Advances in Databases, Knowledge, and Data Applications(DBKDA), Spain.
- Nasser Taleb and Elfadil Abdullah (2012) Using Ticket History Method to Serialize Transactions in Distributed Databases, International Conference on Excellence in Business, UAE.
- Elfadil Abdullah and Nasser Taleb (2012) The application of Rational Unified Process in the Development of Road Traffic Accident Information systems in the Gulf region, Oman
Web Development (U), E-Business (U), System Analysis and Design (U), Multimedia (U), Project Management (U), MIS (U, G), DSS (G), Database Management Systems (DBMSs) (U, G), Object-Oriented Design (U), Information Technology Fundamentals (U), Int. to Programming Languages (C++) (U), Computer Ethics (U).
Published in: Technology Education Management Informatics
Mar 03, 2019
This paper presents a literature review of Blockchain and Bitcoin technology future applications. Recently Blockchain has received special attention and is used as a new platform for digital information and to store encrypted data and process secure digital transactions. Noticeably, the majority of Blockchain cryptocurrency is structured based on the elliptic curves digital signature algorithm (ECDSA). In particular, Bitcoin uses special ECDSA called secp256k1. Losses of personal and organizational data occurred due to security breaches of data at small and large scales using traditional transactional and financial platforms. Furthermore, data on Blockchain and Bitcoin platforms are assumed to be highly encrypted and in secured state.
Published in: International Journal of Economics and Business Research
May 06, 2018
Learning management systems (LMSs), such as Moodle, has been used by many academic institutions to improve teaching and student learning experience. This paper examines the use of LMS as a course delivery system and an electronic assessment (e-assessment) tool for improving the learning process. This study analyses educators’ perspective on the use of Moodle based on effectiveness, helpfulness, user-friendly interface design, and flexibility in delivering online courses. Quantitative and qualitative data were collected using a survey questionnaire from 81 instructors from five colleges of Al Ain University of Science and Technology (AAU) who have been involved in using LMS for the delivery of courses. The respondents agreed, in general and independent of their college affiliation, that the functionality of the LMS is effective; reliable, usable, maintainable and efficient. In addition, respondents showed a positive attitude toward using the LMS and dedicating specialised trainers according to users’ needs.
Feb 05, 2018
Internship is an academic, supervised, practical-learning experience in which students work to link theory to real-life practice. The internship program equips students with needed skills that cannot be taught in a classroom environment and helps boost students’ self-confidence, better preparing them to face the working world and its challenges by engendering students’ realistic expectations about employability. This study was conducted to explore the level of satisfaction among 114 intern students. Results revealed that interns’ satisfaction with internship experience strongly related to having a positive internship experience, skills enhancement gained from the internship, and a clarified job outlook. Additionally, results indicated interns assessed their experiences based on a number of factors that reflect the benefits they gained through the internship.